GOAL: Correctly interpreting country-specific background information regarding business- & everyday culture and using it successfully
NEW! Austria Training!
In all cultures, especially in the realm of business, there is an etiquette, knowledge and mastery of which greatly determine business success. An employee from Bulgaria says “yes”, but negatively shakes his head. Russian colleagues come into the office “overdressed” and
give each other flowers. These and other gestures can bewilder western Europeans and can cause misunderstandings in business handlings. The question is not who or what is better or worse, but rather how we should deal with these differences, because there are many
ways to reach common goals in business relationships.
Departments and leadership staff of internationally active companies, including export managers, country managers, project manager CEE, owners and employees of companies that want to expand into Eastern Europe and CIS, as well as those involved with business
partners or projects in these regions.
• Intercultural differences/separating and connecting
• Current developments in the economy and politics
• Dealings with authorities, companies, employees
• Building and maintaining relationships
• One’s own understanding of foreigners
• Typical do’s and dont’s
• Authorities, hierarchies, and decision making process
• Prestige thinking and status symbols
• Useful contact addresses etc.
Country specific trainer input, culture analysis and simulations, group discussions, case examples from experience
VICCC-Certificate – Intercultural country competence