GOAL: Understanding and using diversity and multiculturality as an enrichment
Our newly developed Diversity Training helps you understand your personal experience with social and cultural diversity in private life, at the workplace and in public life. Awareness will be raised and sensitivity for differences (such as gender, age, culture, religion, world view, national and social background, physical and mental abilities) will be enhanced. Recurring (social, institutional, individual) ways of perceiving and assessing other people can be detected. In doing so, we discover the differences and commonalities of different groups and learn to use the common ground to reach out to each other and accept the differences. This training will show you the limits of your own tolerance and make you perceive the cooperation with people who are “different“ as something enriching.
Employees of companies with “mixed“ and multicultural teams as well as individuals who want to learn to comprehend diversity in private life, at the workplace and in public life as an enrichment.
• Viewing diversity as an enrichment
• Awareness-raising regarding the limits of one‘s own tolerance
• Learning about the differences between people regarding language, traditions, social institutions, typical behavior, values, religious views, moral views etc.
• Detecting differences and commonalities between different groups
• Learning to use commonalities for communication and to accept the differences
• Building empathy
• Accepting the experience of the foreign
• Becoming aware of one‘s own intercultural limits of tolerance
Trainer input, keynote presentations, group work, guided discussions, individual reflexion, guided exchange of experience, presentations
VICCC-Certificate – Basic Intercultural Competence